The FILTERSCAN WiFi Air Filter Monitor and AirFilterSentry Notification and Reporting Service is the only device that can text you when it is time to replace your air filter. This is not based on time like other “air filter reminders.” It is based on the readings of a patented sensor. It is easy to install and will outlast your heating or cooling system.
Cleaning or replacing air filters at the right moment will keep your facilities’ HVAC equipment running at its peak efficiency while extending the life of your HVAC systems. Most filter changes are done on a fixed schedule, meaning that they are wrong almost all of the time. Waiting too long allows air filters to become clogged, potentially leading to more serious and costly problems, where service charges can exceed $2,000. Changing too soon means throwing away filters while they still have life left in them and is wasteful.
The FILTERSCAN® WiFi Air Filter Monitor utilizes patented differential pressure technology to monitor air filter clogging. In addition to providing local, text and e-mail alerts, it is compatible with single and multi-speed blower HVAC systems and most VAV (Variable Air Volume) systems, and is compatible with a wide variety of air filters. When servicing an air filter, you may follow the simple instructions on the front panel (see image below) or you may Reset the monitor to your new air filter via your AirFilterSentry account (see illustration below).
Increase Revenue with Remote Air Filter Monitoring
- Reduce your energy costs
- Lower your maintenance costs
- Keep track of air filter maintenance with online reports
- Eliminate the number one cause of HVAC system failures: clogged air filters
- Maintain IAQ by preventing the build-up of mold and other allergens in your air ducts due to inadequate air flow caused by clogged air filters
- Configurable text and e-mail alerts are provided by the AirFilterSentry notification system
Did you know that a clogged air filter
- Reduces the overall air flow in your building
- Blocks the cooling coil, reducing effectiveness
- Increases the operating cost of your HVAC system
- Causes dirt to accumulate on the fan blades, increasing energy costs
- Leads to frost build up on the cooling coil or total blockage of air flow
- Permits dirt to bypass the filter, where it soils and blocks the blower fan
- Fails to capture contaminants, leading to poor indoor air quality in your building
- In extreme cases, can even be sucked into the blower assembly
- Causes excessive dirt build up in your air duct system leading to mold or allergen problems
|Model FS-245-B: Four included AA batteries, or optional CA-360 6VDC wall adapter (Battery life approximately one year) Model FS-245-C: 15 to 24 VAC/DC @ 250 mA max via conduit
|Differential Pressure Range:
|Near zero to 4.0″ w.c.
|Clog Filter Trigger Point:
|1.5 to 2 times initial differential pressure (at the recommended setting on the SERVICE FILTER control)
|Insertion Depth into Duct:
|Does not extend into the duct or plenum
|Local Alert Output:
|Audible Beeper and LED indication
|Pulsing 5VDC @ 18 mA max upon clog or low battery alert Model FS-245-C
|Optional one form C dry contact @ 500 mA max – Model FS-245-C
|Text & E-Mail Notification**:
|User configurable SMS text messaging and e-mail
|Green / Yellow / Red Status LED and audible beeper
|Power – 2.5mm barrel jack mates to wall adapter: Model FS-245-B, or Power – Conduit into terminal block, 14-30 AWG: Model FS-245-C Output – Conduit into terminal block, 14-30 AWG: Model FS-245-C
|32o to 122o F (0o to 50o C), Operating -40o to 257o F (-40o to 125o C), Storage
|80% RH, Non-condensing
|2.4-GHz IEEE 802.11b/g compatible
|Secure using WPA-PSK (TKIP), and WPA2-PSK (AES)
|6” x 4 5/8” x 1 1/2”
** Requires creation of an AirFilterSentry account, Internet connection, and wireless router.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|FILTERSCAN, WiFi Battery or Adapter Operated
|FILTERSCAN, 15 to 24V AC/DC Operated
|Adapter, 6.0 VDC
|Kit, Tubing, Differential Mounting
Contains FCC ID Number: T9J-RN171
Contains IC Certification/Registration Number IC: 6514A-RN171
Contient IC Certification / d’enregistrement les IC: 6514A-RN171